/ Strategic Advantages / Quick Facts
Quick Facts: Warren County, New York
Warren County offers numerous strategic location advantages including:
- Stable population base and workforce: regional New York State Capital Region eleven county population of 1.1 million including two adjoining MSA’s, and a labor basin workforce of over 550,000 within a daily commutable distance. Running counter to Upstate NY trends, the region enjoys stable, steady growth over past two decades and projected future growth.
- Robust transportation network: confluence of Mohawk and Hudson Rivers; located along I-87 (north-south access) and within 45 minutes of I-87 intersection with I-90 (east-west access); local general aviation airport with FBO in Warren County, with Albany International Airport 45 minutes south; local rail service with major train station (Amtrak service) 50 minutes south
- Access to three major international metros: within a three hour drive of Montreal, Quebec; Boston, MA; and New York/NJ/CT metropolitan area each with top ranked global population, education, venture capital and technology innovation clusters.
- Proximity to major technology centers: 30 miles north of GlobalFoundries semiconductor chip-fab facility and R & D center (Malta, NY); 45 miles from SUNY Polytechnic Institute (Albany, NY), G.E. Global Research (Niskayuna, NY); and Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute (Troy, NY)
- Medical device cluster within Warren County: dating back to post WWII, the cluster now includes AngioDynamics, Medline Industries, BD Becton Dickinson, Praxis Technologies, Bates Medical, plus a number of other suppliers and industry service providers in the region. Skilled workforce with multi-generational industry experience of 2,000+ employees making the region one of the largest concentrations (Location Quotient) nationally.
- Proximity to top notch education & training: total of 35 institutions of higher learning are located within a 50 mile radius of Warren County provides pipeline of talent, training and innovation across a multitude of disciplines.
- Proximity to materials & produce: on the southern rim of the Adirondack Park, Warren County is within easy reach of timber, wood, mining and variety of quarried materials. Neighboring Washington County provides a host of agricultural products such as dairy, cheeses and fresh produce.
- World class recreation & tourism: located on the southern gateway to the Adirondack Park, home to internationally recognized four-season destinations, including Lake George, the 1980 Olympic Center in Lake Placid, Adirondack High Peaks, West Mountain and Gore Mountain Ski Resorts. Robust network of municipal parks and facilities for multiple sports related activities.
- Logistics: access to the largest population concentration in North America: within one day’s shipping time (850 miles) to 132 million people reduces time to market and costly delivery/logistics.